Joulex Energy Manager for Data Centers
- The JouleX team has polled hundreds of Data Center professionals to learn what their most pressing concerns are. Turned out, Data Centers have been lacking an energy management platform that provides visibility, analysis, and control to the entire data center while supporting your service levels.
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers is the answer to those concerns as it measures and analyzes dynamic energy consumption and utilization of data center devices and systems. Furthermore, JEM for Data Centers can provide control features to lower energy consumption of these devices based on the principles of optimization and reliability.
JEM for Data Centers supports physical and virtual servers, switches, routers, storage devices, PDUs, UPS devices, CRAC units, Cisco UCS, Cisco EnergyWise devices and more.
JEM’s Agentless Technology measures, manages, and reports energy usage in the data center at a granular level in order to:
Gain Unprecedented Energy Visibility into your Data Center
- Remote Management: Determine a monitor, analyze, and control energy usage of devices or systems throughout the data center without software agents, from a central location.
- Produce Powerful Analytics: Quantify, justify, and prioritize energy savings and carbon reduction savings.
- Schedule Alerts: Based on customer-defined thresholds to alert on power, utilization, and temperature conditions.
- Quick Time to Benefit: Installation and device auto-discovery in hours, not days or months.
- Simplified Maintenance: Reduce the complexity of traditional agent-based energy management solutions. No agents to install means no disruptive quality assurance (QA) cycles for patches or new operating system changes.
- Lowered Business Impact: Its advantage of being agentless is that you don’t lose productive time to installation and management of software agents on each device.
Support Sustainable Procurement™ Practices
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): By utilizing actual power consumption, energy cost, and environmental impact.
- Comparative Analysis: Shows device-to-device and system-to-system comparisons of life cycle energy use and operating expenses for energy efficient IT infrastructure.
- Power Consumption Savings Potential: Identify savings potential based on actual energy demand, not overstated manufacturers’ faceplate.
Virtualization Identification and Optimization
- Increased Visibility: See beyond the PDU and rack to the physical server to allocate energy across virtual machines and applications.
- Determine Prime Candidates for Virtualization: Pinpoint under-utilized servers and low-density servers consuming the most energy.
- Remove Energy Drains: Identify dead and idle servers for retirement.
Perform Load Adaptive™ Computing
- Enable Power Capping: Allocate the right amount of power for devices and systems in the data center as they perform productive work; minimizing the energy supplied when idle or operating at less than full capacity.
- Accurately measure Utilization and Energy Loads for system and applications at the server, virtual machine, and application level while dynamically allocating computing resources as they are needed.
Provide Business and Energy Context to Power Capacity Planning
- Detailed Reporting: Compile actual data on energy consumption and utilization by device, rack, make, model, etc.
- Improve Power Utilization Efficiency (PUE): Data Center Efficiency/Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency (DCE/DCIE).
- Uncover “stranded” power in data center circuits
Report Enterprise Sustainability
- Understand energy consumption, utilization, costs, savings and carbon emissions by device, location, cost center, division and time of day.
- Support Regulatory Compliance with carbon accounting requirements and energy usage reporting.
Use Policies to Automate Response to Demand Requests
- Include technical devices as part of a utilities-sponsored demand response program.
- Control energy costs by setting policies that reduce consumption during peak pricing times and situations
Share this on
BACK TO LIST